Proposal -- comp.unix.i386

T. William Wells bill at twwells.uucp
Sat Jan 28 23:55:03 AEST 1989

In article <2175 at van-bc.UUCP> sl at van-bc.UUCP (pri=-10 Stuart Lynne) writes:
: Please, let's just get it done with. We need one group to collect the
: postings for 386 based unix ramblings.

Agreed.

Though I have no experience with 286 based UNIX's, it is clear from
the contents of comp.unix.microport that their characteristics are
quite a bit different from 386 UNIX's.  And since the group has a
reasonably high volume, with both systems having significant
representation, it makes sense to somehow separate off one or the
other.

After the fiasco of trying to rationalize the newsgroups for these,
it does not make sense to try to get it perfect; it is enough just to
make it better.

Oh yes, this sort of discussion belongs only in news.groups.
Follow-ups have been redirected there, please respect this.

---
Bill
{ uunet!proxftl | novavax } !twwells!bill