Proposal -- comp.unix.i386

root at spdyne.UUCP root at spdyne.UUCP
Fri Jan 27 08:40:00 AEST 1989

In article <2850 at ficc.uu.net> peter at ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
>No fancy stuff, this time. 90% of the stuff in comp.unix.xenix these days
>seems to be related to System V/386 and relatives. Since even SCO is going
>to be dropping the Xenix name from this offering, I'd like to propose that
>a new group be created to suck up the 386 chatter.
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	I presume that you have a 286, and just want to "get rid" of the 386
articles in this group by creating a group to dump all 386 talk into.
I have a microport 386 system, and I don't want to read articles about
Xenix/Suns/Etc that happen to be running the same processer.

>No fancy stuff. No old groups going away. comp.unix.xenix and .microport
>are perfectly good for dealing with the two main branches of 286 unix, and
>the Tandy 6000 people. Just a new comp.unix.i386.

	Why not comp.unix.microport.286  & comp.unix.microport.386?
(or a better, shorter name: comp.unix.uport.286 & 386)

  I too, would like to get rid of all the 286 chatter from comp.unix.microport!
I don't have a 286 and don't need to hear about people fighting segment problems
with all those programs out there that assume that everything is a VAX.

	But then, didn't this all get hashed out here just a short time ago?

	-Chert Pellett
	 root at spdyne

Sanity check: Core dumped.