Proposal -- comp.unix.i386

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Fri Jan 27 01:29:44 AEST 1989

[description of System V/386 group deleted]

In article <4379 at inco.UUCP>, mack at inco.UUCP (Dave Mack) writes a rather nasty
response to my proposal.

  [ sarcastic comments about exotic 386-based boxes ]

> Care to give that name a little more thought, Peter?

Sure. I don't care what it's called, but since the naming question trashed
the last two discussions I'd rather sit back and wait for a consensus, as
I say here...

> >Voting starts February 1st, and continues to March 2nd. Votes received before
> >and after this period will be ignored. I'm not going to pay any attention
> >to naming or hierarchy suggestions unless there seems to be a consensus that
> >sysv386 or sysv.386 or whatever is unequivocally superior.

> >This one is gonna be by the book.

> Right. So we're going to have the 30-day discussion period between now
> and Feb. 1, is that it? Which book was that?

The last time I checked the book it was a 7-day discussion period, but
if it's been changed I am quite willing to move the voting period up to
the month of March.

> Sarcasm aside,

Right...

> unless you want this group to be a forum for discussion
> of *all* 386-based Unix machines, I'd suggest finding some other name.

Fine. Suggest a name that is unequivocally superior and get people to
agree on it. I don't care. I just want to count the votes.
Work: uunet.uu.net!ficc!peter, peter at ficc.uu.net, +1 713 274 5180.   `-_-'
Home: bigtex!texbell!sugar!peter, peter at sugar.uu.net.                 'U`
Opinions may not represent the policies of FICC or the Xenix Support group.