Proposal -- comp.unix.i386

Eric Schnoebelen eric at egsner.UUCP
Fri Jan 27 08:50:31 AEST 1989

In article <2892 at ficc.uu.net> peter at ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
-In article <4379 at inco.UUCP>, mack at inco.UUCP (Dave Mack) writes
-> Care to give that name a little more thought, Peter?
-
-> unless you want this group to be a forum for discussion
-> of *all* 386-based Unix machines, I'd suggest finding some other name.
-
-Fine. Suggest a name that is unequivocally superior and get people to
-agree on it. I don't care. I just want to count the votes.

	Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing information about the other
386 based Unix's. Comp.unix.xenix has a nice smattering of postings
about the various Xenix's ( eg. Tandy 6000, IBM PC-Clone, Altos ), so
what would be wrong with comp.unix.i386 supporting all 386 based Unix's?

	It would be nice to have just one group to read for information
about 386 based Unix's, instead of having to read both
comp.unix.microport and comp.unix.xenix, plus several other possibly
useful groups.

	just my two bits....
	Eric
--