Setkey problem...

Mark E. Mallett mem at zinn.MV.COM
Wed Jan 4 12:53:46 AEST 1989

In article <1700002 at spdyne> elwiz at spdyne..UUCP writes:
>        1) Login on the console, type setkey f10 "echo hello^M"
>        2) Login to a normal user account on Cons2.
>        3) Switch to the console and Hit F10.... Surprise!

On my System V/AT system (2.4), the function key produces the "echo hello^M"
string everywhere.  Now, whether this is a good idea or not is something else;
one might argue that function keys mappings should correspond to the
virtual terminals.  Then again, one might not.  At any rate, the global
setting seems to work fine.

>PS: Do you guys ever respond to mail anymore??? I have sent it DIRECTLY into
>your system via direct connection and STILL haven't gotten any response!

Sounds exactly like some comments that I made a couple of months ago.
Microport DID CLAIM that they welcomed direct connections for mail.  I
polled for a while, sent direct mail several times, and got no responses.
Of course, they were busy with various new releases at the time.  Perhaps
things will be better now.  There's always hope.

-mm-
--
Mark E. Mallett  Zinn Computer Co/ PO Box 4188/ Manchester NH/ 03103
Bus. Phone: 603 645 5069    Home: 603 424 8129     BIX: mmallett