Enix doesn't work with my 300 MB disk (*sigh*)

Mark McWiggins mark at intek01.UUCP
Fri Jan 20 04:50:32 AEST 1989

I finally got in Enix 3.2 from Everex yesterday, after about a
month's wait.  I was designated a beta tester at the last minute,
which salved a lot of my wound over this.

But I have a 380 MB ESDI drive (CDC 94186-383H + DTC 6280 controller)
with 1224 cylinders, and Enix only recognizes 1024.  Not only that, it
keeps bad a SECTOR table and not a bad TRACK table, and there can be
a lot of bad sectors on this size disk.  Far more than the 253 their
disk scanner utility program has room for, in fact; it shut down saying
"Can't use this disk; try starting over starting at another cylinder."

A guy I know here in Seattle has been running Enix 3.0 with the same
controller and a smaller disk for several months, and reports being
very happy with it.  And the tech support guy I spoke with said they'd
patch this problem at some point.  It could well be  fine product at
some point.  But I can't wait any more; I ordered the AT&T version from
Elek-Tek for $875.
--

Mark McWiggins			UUCP:		uunet!intek01!mark
DISCLAIMER: I could be wrong.	INTERNET:	intek01!mark at uunet.uu.net
						(206) 455-9935