TrailBlazer with V/AT

Paul De Bra debra at alice.UUCP
Sun Jan 1 03:45:02 AEST 1989

In article <252 at visdc.UUCP> jiii at visdc.UUCP (John E Van Deusen III) writes:
>Since you have an I/O board with an effective flow control protocol,
>I can't see why you wouldn't want to simplify your life and set
>S51=5, 19,200 baud interface speed at all transmission modes.  You
>can feed the TB+ at 19,200 and the modem with take care of the rest,
>even talking to a Bell 103 with no modem control.

Sure uucp can talk to a Bell 103, but when you log on from a lower-speed
modem and try to work interactively, the buffers will overflow. When you
try an ls -l in a large directory the output may be garbled after some
number of lines because of buffer overflow in the modem. Only programs
that use relatively small packets will work well with speed-mismatches.

Paul.