Submission for comp-unix-microport

UNIX-UNIX Cp uucp at tolerant.UUCP
Sat Jan 7 09:15:06 AEST 1989

From: john at wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.microport
Subject: Re: file size limits
Date: 29 Dec 88 12:07:19 GMT

In article <125 at wybbs.UUCP>, diekema at wybbs.UUCP (Jon Diekema) writes:
> I am running version 2.4 of System V/AT and have noticed the following
> behavior of cat:
>
> 	I was trying to concatenate 42-100k files togather and cat
> 	complained about an output file error. No matter what I tried,
> 	I couldn't get the output file larger then 1,228,800 bytes.

    You have hit upon the configured maximum file size on the standard
release of V/AT or otherwise called "ulimit". It is set to the default
of 2400 blocks which is the 1,228,800 bytes your referring to. You can
change this to any value you wish. I beleive the release notes gives the
proper syntax for using the "patch" command with the "ulpatch" paramter.

    I'm running V/386 and I don't quite recall the exact syntax on
changing ulimit. You can tell what its currently set to just by
typing "ulimit" at the prompt.

					John

--
John Gayman, WA3WBU              |           UUCP: uunet!wa3wbu!john
1869 Valley Rd.                  |           ARPA: john at wa3wbu.uu.net
Marysville, PA 17053             |           Packet: WA3WBU @ AK3P