Cabling for Tandy Model 16B

Paul Chamberlain tif at doorstop.austin.ibm.com
Tue Oct 9 23:57:54 AEST 1990

In article <3292 at orbit.cts.com> kevinh at pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kevin Herrboldt) writes:
>... a 16B xenix system ...
>However, I am suffering from a severe lack of knowledge on proper cabling for
>modems.

The built in serial ports should be straight wired to a modem or
interposed to a terminal.  Both the straight cable and the interposer
(Null-Modem Adapter) can be purchased at a Radio Shack Computer Center
if you get desperate (i.e. not cheap).

The extral serial card should be straight wired to a terminal or (if
you must) use a funky Radio Shack Modem Adapter for a modem.  Radio
Shack also has a printer cable for the parallel port which is a one
direction port.

The RS salesmen are bound to have forgotten what a 16B is so you'll
need to know exactly what you need.  And comp.sys.tandy would be the
appropriate place to find this sort of information.

I'm the proud (?) owner of a 6000 (Tandy RS, not IBM RS).

Paul Chamberlain | I do NOT represent IBM.     tif at doorstop, sc30661 at ausvm6
512/838-7008     | ...!cs.utexas.edu!ibmaus!auschs!doorstop.austin.ibm.com!tif