Cabling for Tandy Model 16B

Kevin Herrboldt kevinh at pnet51.orb.mn.org
Mon Oct 8 09:06:29 AEST 1990

I was fortunate (?) enough to acquire a 16B xenix system for a song and a
dance, but unfortunately it lacks any manuals.  This isn't a problem
software-wise since my unix experience is extensive (and the man stuff
exists).

However, I am suffering from a severe lack of knowledge on proper cabling for
modems.  I can't figure out how to get the modem to work with modem control
(the system keeps coming back with an error of not being able to open the
line), so I've been forced to run without it.  If anyone could shed some light
I'd really appreciate it.

I also have the extra serial card, so info on that would be nice.  And maybe
even the parallel port (I'm contemplating writing some bizarre driver for it,
like X-Windows :-).

If you can help me out, thanks in advance.

kevinh at pnet51.cts.com
crash!orbit!pnet51!kevinh at nosc.mil
{rosevax, crash}!orbit!pnet51!kevinh