What happened to Unix Review?

Brad Isley bgi at stbimbo.UUCP
Mon Sep 24 23:38:43 AEST 1990

machina at uts.amdahl.com (Miguel A. Ramirez) writes:

>In article <140 at stbimbo.UUCP> bgi at stbimbo.UUCP (Brad Isley) writes:
>>
>>Try again, dude, there's LOTS of useful information in there.
>>
>>    Take a look at:
>>	Tested Mettle
>>	Rules of the Game
>>	Daemons and Dragons
>>	C Advisor
>>	Off the Shelf

>If you learned something from these articles, good for you. I found nothing

Let's hear it for Miguel!  He already knows about all the performance specs
of all the new hardware.  He knows how they all stack up against each other!
He even knows about the bugs in all their OS's.  Wow!  He even knows about
all the new software copyright legal issues!  Wow!  I'm IMPRESSED!  He's
SOOOO good he is above stealing a little code from C advisor.  He can even
keep up with all the latest C compilers, etc. reviewed in Off the Shelf!
Let's give Mr. Ego here a hand!

>new in them. I do not consider myself a "guru". Makes me wonder about your
>definition of "guru". No, no let's not get into this one, it's pointless.

In this context: the local "expert" meaning I'm the one people come to with
questions.

>Good for you. You'd find even more in SUN's magazines. Look into them, guru.

No thanks, they don't hold my interest.
--
-----------------------------\      / ..and Apple thought GUI was theirs!.. \
 bgi at SalesTech.COM 841-4169    \---| Yer local zymurgist & Amiga hacker/user |