TOP and SPS for SunOS 4.1 ?

Richard Czech czech at gmdzi.gmd.de
Wed Sep 26 04:33:55 AEST 1990

Hi!

A few days ago I asked for "sps" and "top" for SunOS4.1. I received
a lot of replies; most of them asked me to post the result of my ar-
ticle because they are looking for the patches as well.

So here is what I can say now. There are no problems with "top". Just
recompile it under SunOS4.1. (Yes, I did it before I asked - but the
older version was the first in the path :-{ )

SPS is a replacement for ps(1). It is much faster and the output looks
better. It compiles without errors under SunOS4.1, but it doesn't run
because it can't find some symbols in the kernel (_inode, _streams,
_streamsNSTREAMS).

If someone has patched the sources, please let me know.

   so long
Richard Czech                                  czech at gmdzi.gmd.de
GMD-E.I.S.				       czech at gmdzi.UUCP
D-5205 St. Augustin 1                          (+49) 2241 14 2841
(West) Germany