Looking for OSF/Motif Look and Feel Using Curses

Eric Peterson epeterso at encore.com
Wed Sep 26 06:52:18 AEST 1990

I'm working on a project that will be running on X-terminals as well
as dumb ASCII ones, and I'd like to keep the look and feel
(keystrokes, menus, boxes, and other behavior) consistent between the
two different types of terminals.  What I'm looking for is a library,
possibly Curses-based, that will allow me the behavior of the Client
Area on a character terminal.

I'm not interested in a full-implementation of Motif for a character
terminal, nor am I interested in simulating the mouse pointer on the
screen (as some MS-DOS applications that support mice do).  What I'm
primarily interested in is keeping the keyboard accelerators,
mnemonics, and menus consistent.  Other special features such as
slider bars, push buttons, and dialog boxes would be nice, but the
aren't that critical.

I know I'm doing some heavy wishful thinking, but does such a package
exist?  If not, is there a library that will at least give me some
menu and windowing support beyond the primitives offered by Curses.

Please reply via E-mail ... If there is interest, I'll summarize.
Followups to comp.unix.misc, as I'm not a c.w.x.m regular reader.

PS: Running it under an xTerm is *not* what I had in mind to keep it
    consistent :-)
--
      Eric Peterson <> epeterson at encore.com <> uunet!gould!epeterson
  Encore Computer Corp. * Ft. Lauderdale, Florida * (305) 587-2900 x5208