What happened to Unix Review?

Miguel A. Ramirez machina at uts.amdahl.com
Fri Sep 21 08:40:06 AEST 1990

In article <140 at stbimbo.UUCP> bgi at stbimbo.UUCP (Brad Isley) writes:
>machina at uts.amdahl.com (Miguel A. Ramirez) writes:
>
>>I find it difficult to beleive that people on the net would find this
>>rag useful. I read three times, and had enough. Not one useful bit of
>>information. Of course, lots of slick adds. I would drop this rag and
>>pick-up SUN's magazine.
>
>Huh?  Say what?  Just because we have access to news means we know everything
>about C programming, legal issues and all the latest hardware?
>
>Try again, dude, there's LOTS of useful information in there.
>
>    Take a look at:
>	Tested Mettle
>	Rules of the Game
>	Daemons and Dragons
>	C Advisor
>	Off the Shelf

If you learned something from these articles, good for you. I found nothing
new in them. I do not consider myself a "guru". Makes me wonder about your
definition of "guru". No, no let's not get into this one, it's pointless.
UNIX review is still a rag, IMHO.

>Again, everyone on the 'net' isn't automagically promoted to guru status.
>I'm the Unix 'guru' of a company with 400 employees (by default) and find
>lots of useful info in this 'rag'.

Good for you. You'd find even more in SUN's magazines. Look into them, guru.

--

Miguel A. Ramirez, | machina at uts.amdahl.com | {sun,uunet}!amdahl!machina