What happened to Unix Review?

Michael Nolan nolan at tssi.UUCP
Wed Sep 19 06:03:14 AEST 1990

In article <3220 at anomaly.sbs.com> mpd at anomaly.sbs.com (Michael P. Deignan) writes:
>zebr360 at ut-emx (Jerry Heyman) writes:
>
>>Four times I've tried to subscribe to Unix Today.  Twice out of inserts from
>>a copy at work, once through usenet and contacting Mitch Greenberg (I believe
>>thats who I corresponded with) and finally when they sent me an invitation
>>to subscribe.  All of this in the past year, and I still have yet to receive
>>my first copy...
>
>This sounds remarkably like what I've gone thru too. I even went as far as
>sending in one of their "electronic applications" to utoday!circ, or
>whatever the address is. Still, no Unix Today. And, no form of communication
>indiciating if I was "rejected" for some reason...

All it takes is a little patience.  I filled out my first Unix Today card last
October or November, and kept filling them out at trade shows.  I just started
getting it two or three weeks ago.  (I think the USENIX card did the trick!)

According to Mitch Wagner at Unix Today, their subscription department is a
bit slow.  Of course, Mitch has always been prone to hyperbole.
Mike Nolan                                 "To err is human, to forgive
Tailored Software Services, Inc.            is divine, to procrastinate is,
Lincoln, Nebraska (402) 423-1490            um, can I get back to you on that?"
UUCP: tssi!nolan   (feed site changed, dsndata!tssi!nolan might be better)
INTERNET:  nolan at pythia.unl.edu (only if the other address doesn't work)