A real hack way to "lock my tty"

Joe Smith jms at tardis.Tymnet.COM
Fri Sep 28 10:51:42 AEST 1990

In article <2863 at litchi.bbn.com> rsalz at bbn.com (Rich Salz) writes:
  This only works in C-shell derivatives.  Type "goto <SomePassword>" and
  then enough blank lines to clear the screen.
  When you come back, type "<SomePassword>:" and RETURN.

The first thing I'd try if I saw a bunch of question marks on the screen is
Control-D.  That breaks out of your little hack, and tells me the password.
--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: jms at tardis.tymnet.com or jms at gemini.tymnet.com
BT Tymnet Tech Services | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms