Norton Go Home! We don't want you!

Tim Tsai it1 at ra.MsState.Edu
Tue Feb 19 11:28:54 AEST 1991

In article <466 at bria> uunet!bria!mike writes:
[lines deleted]
>along and asks how much disk there is.  The OS lies, saying there are 'x'
>free blocks, when there really is not.  I start creating files, and
>*whoom* run out of real disk space, and my program (while in the middle of
>rebuilding an index to a large database) crashes.

  Woa.  Can somebody confirm this?  I thought NU is supposed to
  overwrite the so-called "freed" space when the "real" disk space
  starts to run out?

[rest of msg deleted to keep inews happy]
--
  I'd never cry if I did find a blue whale in my soup...
  Nor would I mind a porcupine inside a chicken coop.