Will telnet do VT100 translation for other term types?

Bruce Barnett barnett at grymoire.crd.ge.com
Fri Feb 8 01:52:28 AEST 1991

B> going to buy), but we have people that will be logging in from all
B> kinds of different terminals.  We would then like to be able to
B> telnet from the unix system to a VAX running VMS, and run an
B> application that REQUIRES vt100 terminal emulation.

You can also use the program "vtem", which is somewhere in a
comp.source archive. A newer version, updated by jqj at hogg.cc.uoregon.edu,
is included in in my vttool program (available via ftp on
titan.rice.edu, ~/sun-sources/vttool.shar.?)

This program should run on almost any terminal, and it passed the
vttest program. It does use pty's and is written for berkeley unix.

If you are running X or SunView - the rest of the vttool package
can provide a window-based panel for clicking function keys your
terminal might not have. It also does keyboard remapping.
It requires SunView or XView libraries.
--
Bruce G. Barnett	barnett at crd.ge.com	uunet!crdgw1!barnett