dos on UNIX

wright at med.wcc.govt.nz wright at med.wcc.govt.nz
Fri Jun 7 11:40:44 AEST 1991

Hi folks,
        Im sure that someone out there has asked this before but I'm
new to this newsgroup and this thing they call UNIX ie Ive sort of
been thrown at it cause no one else wants to do it, my background
is Civil Engineering not Computing.

What I wan't to know is how do I go about running a DOS application
on our UNIX System.

I have Microport Unix System V 386 running on a Compaq Deskpro 386/25

There are two fixed disks one 40 meg and one 110 meg.
The 40meg disk is for dos
The 110meg disk is for Unix but also has a 1 meg dos partition.

The machine boots to UNIX when switched on unless there is a dos disk
in one of the floppy drives.

What I would like to be able to do is run a dos application without
shuting down the machine and rebooting on dos.

Can any one help please?

Email to the above address please

Thanks  Steve Wright