Phone dialer

Orville R. Weyrich orville at weyrich.UUCP
Mon Jun 10 10:40:37 AEST 1991

I am running DOS MERGE on top of Microport UNIX System V/386 rev. 3

I would like to obtain or write a short program that can be invoked from
a DOS command-line and/or a UNIX Bourne shell which will take as a
single parameter a phone number. The program will then dial the phone
using a Hayes-Compatible modem and when the phone rings (or better -- when
it is answered) make the computer beep and turn the line over to the
phone handset for voice communications.

Any ideas on where to find such a program, or how to write the modem
control script?

Orville R. Weyrich, Jr., Ph.D.                   Certified Systems Professional
Internet: orville%weyrich at uunet.uu.net             Weyrich Computer Consulting
Voice:    (602) 391-0821                         POB 5782, Scottsdale, AZ 85261
Fax:      (602) 391-0023                              (Yes! I'm available)