Answer to nroff/troff/vi for ms-dos query

Michael Robinson robinson at cogsci.berkeley.edu
Sat Jun 29 14:49:46 AEST 1991

For people who wanted to know what I found regarding nroff/troff/vi for
ms-dos, this pretty much sums it up:

>From: well!apple!adpplz!dtb (Tom Beach)
>
>These are available from Mortice Kern Systems. They are handled by most
>of the mail order houses that cater to professional developers.
>
>Egghead software can get it for you but probably don't have it in stock.
>
>you need "mks vi" which is a fully featured vi editor.
>
>The nroff/troff package is MDQS I think, something like that
>and you'll need the HP laser printer printer driver for it.
>The laser printer drivers are sold seperately.
>
>Since it is a true nroff/troff clone you can use nroff packages
>from your berkely unix systems directly. Presuming you have the
>proper licenses et al.
>
>I use these packages very successfully!!!

Many people responded similarly.

According to Tom Niell (tjn at ihlpy.att.com) MKS can be reached at
1-800-265-2797.

Michael Robinson                             USENET:  ucbvax!cogsci!robinson
                                             ARPA: robinson at cogsci.berkeley.edu