CR/LF Removal & Insertion..How?

Dave Everitt everitt at mozart.amd.com
Fri Mar 22 02:22:55 AEST 1991

I hope this is the right place to post this, I've loked around and
it seems to match.

I am using a Compaq III with NFS using a SUN 3/60 as my server. What
I would like to do is simply use NET USE G: \\machine\directory and
transfer ASCII files from my C: drive to my new NFS G: drive using
copy. However as all who read this will be familiar DOS uses ^M^J
and the UNIX on my SUN uses only ^J.

Can anyone supply me with the 'sed' scripts to convert from one to
the other, I have tried to create my own but it seems to be taking
longer than I hoped. The other means is to use ftp and let it do the
work, but that is nowhere near as easy as copy+script......

Please mail me directly as everitt at pedigree.amd.com as the rn
warning message has made me feel guilty of the cost of asking this
question, and I'd hate for it to go any further than necessary :-)

Regards,
Dave

Dave Everitt 8-{)                          dave.everitt at AMD.COM