(ET4000) & Re: Windows 3.0 and ATI VGA board

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.uucp
Sat Mar 30 15:50:37 AEST 1991

On my Gateway 386SX with 2 MB of memory, when I used the ATI 1024 x 768 driver
things worked a little slower, but when I tried to print any document more than
a couple of pages I would get an unrecoverable application error.  It took a
bit of twiddling before I realized that the video driver was the trigger --
either it used up too much memory in my admittedly small (for Win 3.0) machine,
or something else was happening.  Since I was only using the high-res driver
so that my desktop bitmap would look cool, I don't miss the high resolution
(and I definitely don't miss the slow performance).
--
Ed Ravin            | Even if I could think of a profound, witty, insightful
cmcl2!panix!eravin  | quote to put here noone would bother reading it.