Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.COM
Wed Mar 27 22:39:30 AEST 1991

vivek at ecst.csuchico.edu (Vivek R Prabhu) writes:

>I would like to seek your help to solve a problem which I have been having

>from the 3.5" floppies but now I get the message " Insert SYSTEM disk in drive
>A : Press Any Key To Continue ", in other words the bootstrap program of the
>SCO-Xenix distribution itself does not get loaded into the hard drive, thus
>causing me a lot of frustration.

>I have already partitioned my hard drive into 30 Mb for my DOS software and
>50 Mb for the SCO-Xenix software but I am unable to force fdisk in DOS to allow
>me to make a non-DOS partition active as it allows me only to make one partition

>problem.
>My e-mail address is " vivek at ecst.csuchico.edu ".
>Thanking You All,
>With Regards,
>Vivek.

The message "Insert SYSTEM disk ..." is ok.  It is asking you to insert the
second Xenix diskette, since the entire OS is apparently not on your first
diskette.  Put in the second diskette and press a key, and your installation
will continue.

BTW, this information is in the release notes and/or installation manual.

During the install a Xenix partition will be made, and it will be active.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.