MLPD (More Information)

matt robinson yakker at ucrmath.ucr.edu
Thu Nov 1 09:57:43 AEST 1990

The program I wrote is basically a daemon that runs on a machine, where
a single printer queue is monitored, and jobs received are queued up
and either printed on free printers, or held until a printer becomes
available.  Now that midterms are over, and my year is underway here,
I have some time to ask these people to test this software for me.
Right now it only runs under BSD and SunOS, but I don't think it would
take too much to modify it for System V.  It's pretty well commented,
and the idea is straightforward.

What I wanted to know was:  Are people interested in programs like
this?  Are they beneficial to users?  What other things would you like
to see that work similar to this?

Well, I received requests for this program from the following people.

kjj at phx.mcd.mot.com
davison at menudo.uh.edu
matthew at ooc.uva.nl
nieters at crd.ge.com
art at dinorah.wustl.edu
nash at ucselx.sdsu.edu
charleen at ads.com
wls at csd4.csd.uwm.edu
nowicki at Legato.COM

I'm going to try to mail the program to these people on Friday, and
then wait for their responses.  If all goes well, hopefully I can
post this to the network.

Thanks for the help, everyone, and I will continue to read this newsgroup
with continued interest.

--Matt

Matt D. Robinson
Systems Programming Group, UC Riverside