Sun SPARC assembler, reference manual needed.

Clifford C. Skolnick cliffs at sun.com
Thu Nov 1 09:52:10 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct30.221955.7430 at athena.mit.edu> drk at athena.mit.edu (David R Kohr) writes:

   I am in need of a good manual for the Sun SPARC assembly language and
   the "as" SPARC assembler that comes with Sun/OS for SPARC machines.
   The manual on "as" which comes with Sun/OS is very sparse in regard to
   providing a tutorial for SPARC assembly language.

   I could also use pointers to alternatives to use in place of "as",
   since I've heard that "as" is not very full-featured, as assemblers go.
   The assembler would be used for an undergraduate course in assembly
   language.

There is another manual you will want.  It is called "The SPARC Architecture Manual" and
the latest version is 7.   You should be able to contact your field office for one
of these.  The sun part number is 800-1399-08 (Rev A of October 22, 1987)

   Cliff Skolnick - Technical Consultant                  cliffs at east.sun.com
           [I only work for Sun, I do not speak for them]

         "The floggings will continue until morale improves"