IPC message facility on Sparc

Gianni Schicchi schicchi at ece.arizona.edu
Tue Nov 27 09:01:18 AEST 1990

Can anyone out there send me some code that demonstrates interprocess
communication using the message facility? I wrote a server process to read
messages from a buffer, and a client process to write messages to a buffer.
Both processes are able to determine the message queue identifier via a call
to msgget, but when the client process attempts to write to the message
buffer, it fails due to an access permissions problem.

If you have an example of client-server communications using the message
facility  you could send me, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.

--Doug Smith
  Systems Programmer and Grad. Student
  University of Arizona