Reading termcap database other than termcap

C Wayne Huling wayne at cs.odu.edu
Tue Nov 27 13:04:44 AEST 1990

  I have written a small program to accept the name of a printer and search
the printcap for the hostmachine.  I use the termcap routines supplied in the
Unix PRM.  Unfortunatly it reads from a environment set variable.  My problem
is if I set this variable "TERM" to be /etc/printcap and then run another
program that needs "TERM" to be /etc/termcap then it will bomb.  Is there any
way of setting the file to be read from internally?

		Wayne
--
--->  Sometimes I have evil thoughts......