Fortran compilers for SCO UNIX

Nhuan Doduc ndoduc at framentec.fr
Fri Nov 30 21:42:33 AEST 1990

In <395 at sherpa.UUCP> rac at sherpa.UUCP (Roger Cornelius) writes:
>I'm looking for a low cost fortran compiler (probably a contradiction
>in terms?) for SCO UNIX.  Does anyone have opinions on the various
I understand that most SCO sales bundle LPI fortran (and as far as I know
version 3.0 does not yet support Weitek) but I've tried MicroWay NDP that
work very correctly. If any choice, I recommend MicroWay.
>As an aside, didn't UNIX originally include a fortran compiler (f77),
>or is this a Berkeley enhancement?  If not, what happened to it and
>why is it no longer included?
yes, usually one gets bsd f77 (not very performant, but still OK) but no
longer now: vendors pushes us to buy 3rd software.
Me too, I believe having read somewhere that f77 IS PART OF SysV but ....

--nh
Nhuan DODUC,
Framentec-Cognitech, Paris, France, ndoduc at framentec.fr or ndoduc at cognitech.fr,
Association Francaise des Utilisateurs d'Unix, France, doduc at afuu.fr