Using VT100 graphics characters with curses

andrew.d.hay mvadh at cbnews.att.com
Wed Feb 13 00:36:26 AEST 1991

In article <72691 at bu.edu.bu.edu> Mike Levin (mlevin at jade.tufts.edu) writes:
"    I am using Curses, in a C program on a BSD 4.3 Unix machine. I
"would like to use the VT100 graphics characters on the screen. Is
"there a better method than using printf() to write the "enter graphics
"character set mode" escape sequence to the terminal, and then using
"regular curses to print whatever characters I want? I would rather not
"mix printf()s with curses commands. For example, maybe it's possible to
"change the characters curses uses to make StandOut mode to be the
"begin and end graphics mode escape sequences, and then just use
"standout mode for the characters I want to be graphics. Any ideas?
"Thanks in advance.

you should have as=^N and ae=^O in your TERMCAP entry.
(well, this works for sV, anyway...)

--
Ragged Individualist	| 			JAAAAAAANE!		       |