Need Help with curses

Tony Denault denault at hale.ifa.hawaii.edu
Thu Feb 7 14:56:33 AEST 1991

I trying to write an application using the curses library (for
the first time). My application will fork & exec two process.
One will use curses to output on a 80 by 22 cell window.
The other will accept key strokes and output on an 80 by 2 window.
My terminal size is 80 by 24. Basicly I want to divide the screen
into 2 parts.

I think each application will need to create a stdscr of 80 by 24
and then create a sub-windows & position is sub-window correctly.
Is this the way for two processes can share the screen?

How can I prevent the cursor from jumping around while the user is
type when another process is updating the screen?

Thanks

Tony D.
--
| Tony Denault, Institute for Astronomy,  | denault at uhifa.ifa.hawaii.edu |