A visual unix shell?

Robert Stumpf c-stumpf at steer.sdsu.edu
Wed Jan 16 07:55:08 AEST 1991

In article <760 at cns.SanDiego.NCR.COM> heymann at cns.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Jurgen Heymann) writes:
>Is there a Norton Commander like unix shell somewhere? If not, is anyone
>interested and motivated in building one? Maybe we then should have a
>discussion about desired features as well? If there is no "visual shell"
>out there yet (I'm not aware of any), I want to suggest an effort to
>make/get/... one in the discussion below.

There already exists such a program.  It is called "vsh" for "Visual Shell",
and AT&T has written (or the rights to) the program.  I seem to remember that
this program was a bit "buggy" and had some difficulty working with various
systems architectures.  Can anyone out there verify/confirm this?

*spock*