Input from another tty

David D. Dean dddean at bluemoon.uucp
Mon Jan 28 02:38:58 AEST 1991

Hello :-)

        I was wondering if there was a special command that I had to use
to have a program of mine - when I run it - accept input from another
terminal?  I have tried many times with different forms of:

        read ANW < /dev/dk???

        while (true) do
        cat (filename)
        done&
        (then have the other terminal write to (filename)

I think that what I'll have to do, is to setup a  sub-routine to always
check a set file for new input and then grep the info in that file.

If anyone can understand this mad reasoning.... any input would be
appreciated!

Thanks!

David D. Dean, President
Explorer Post 891