Timer

Mun C Wong wongm at latcs1.oz.au
Thu Mar 7 04:01:23 AEST 1991

Does anybody know how to write a proper background timer program that
displays the current time on the upper-right corner of screen like
exists in DOS ? I tried it out but after upating the time , the cursor
doesn't return to where it should be . Is there a way to solve this
problem ? Note that I didn't implement the second-by-second updating
method but pass a command line argument integer so as this amount if
time elapses , only should the new time be written . I wonder is there
an efficient way of doing every-second updating while it doesn't
draws too much iritation to the foreground work ?

- wong