Amdahl UTS vs. Unix/V and Berkeley 4.2

Litvintchouk sdl at MITRE-BEDFORD.arpa
Mon Nov 10 12:22:28 AEST 1986

I am interested in the characteristics of UTS, the Unix-like operating
system available for Amdahl mainframes.  Does anyone know of studies
comparing UTS to implementations of Unix System V, or Berkeley 4.2
Unix?  Is UTS a "real" Unix, and does it resemble System V or Berkeley
4.2?  What kinds of differences might be noticeable to:  a user, a
system administrator, a system programmer, etc.?

Please reply directly to me, as I am usually not a subscriber to this
mailing list.  Thanx very much in advance!!!

Steven Litvintchouk
MITRE Corporation
Burlington Road
Bedford, MA  01730
(617)271-7753

ARPA:  sdl at mitre-bedford
UUCP:  ...{cbosgd,decvax,genrad,ll-xn,philabs,security,utzoo}!linus!sdl