SHL LAYERS and Korn shell

pls at sortac.UUCP pls at sortac.UUCP
Tue Jan 27 23:45:47 AEST 1987

In article <517 at csun.UUCP> aeusemrs at csun.UUCP (Mike Stump) writes:
>        ...            For some odd reason our copy
>of Korn Shell does not want to seem to run under shl,
>(anybody want to comment?) but Bourne Shell, runs fine.
>--
>Mike Stump, Cal State Univ, Northridge Comp Sci Department
>uucp: {sdcrdcf, ihnp4, hplabs, ttidca, psivax, csustan}!csun!aeusemrs

You did not say what processor your UNIX SVR2 is on, but for what it's
worth, we discovered that for Korn shell to work properly under shl on
our 3B15 it was necessary to comment out the line

	"control(fd,TCXONC,1);".

near line 304 in Korn shell's "sh/edit.c".  Since this was not necessary
on our 3B20 I would tend to call the above a work-around for a bug in
the 3B15 vpmsxt driver (we actually "#ifndef u3b15"'ed out the above line).
Both processors are running SVR2.1.