SHL LAYERS and Korn shell

jim at ltuxa.UUCP jim at ltuxa.UUCP
Thu Jan 29 05:28:31 AEST 1987

I have been using ksh 3.0 since Dave Korn sent it out last June.
I have it running on AT&T 3B20S's with System V Release 2 version 2
 and AT&T 3B2 computers running System V Release 2.0.5.

I use shell layers extensively and have ksh as my default shell and
have had no problems, except for a minor one on my 3B2 which causes
some junk characters to be spit at the terminal IF it is the
console, AND the shell layer being switched to is named "root:".

I sent mail to dgk asking about the shell layers code in ksh and he said to
compile and run ksh WITHOUT the shell layers code and go ahead and use it
with shell layers, which I have done. He said that the shell layers code was not
working correctly and not to use it.

	AT&T Corporate Ed. & Trng.	Jim Davis  S.A.
        1195 Summerhill Drive		(312) 971-5180
        Lisle, Il 60532-3190 		ihnp4!ltuxa!jim