How to make sendmail re-read the configuration file (and cron)

Andrew Klossner andrew at hammer.TEK.COM
Wed Jan 21 08:07:44 AEST 1987

[]

	"I've got a bunch of diskless suns and rather than have a
	different crontab for all the suns on a server, I have all
	clients crontabs point to the real crontab file.  However, when
	I make a change, it doesn't seem to take unless I kill the cron
	daemon.  I never even thought of stat()!  Of course, it's
	stat()ing the symbolic link (which hasn't changed!) and not the
	real file.  Now, the question I have is why would you ever NOT
	want stat() to resolve the link and stat the actual disk file
	rather than the link???"

Something's wrong.  The 4.2BSD definition of stat(2) says that it gives
the status of the file to which the symlink points.  The lstat(2) call
gives the status of the symlink itself.

  -=- Andrew Klossner   (decvax!tektronix!tekecs!andrew)       [UUCP]
                        (tekecs!andrew.tektronix at csnet-relay)  [ARPA]