change vs modify

evan at pedsgo.UUCP evan at pedsgo.UUCP
Thu Jan 22 07:25:56 AEST 1987

We are working on our backup scripts, and have found that ff has -c and -m
options, where c=file changed date, and m=file modified date.  In my
dictionary, change and modify are synonyms.  What is the difference to ff
and, I suppose, to all of Unix?
--
WHO: Evan L. Marcus                         ||  "This is between me and the
WHAT: Concurrent Computer Corporation,      ||   vegetable!"