bringing up 4.3 on a uvaxII with 4.3 on a 780

naim at nucsrl.UUCP naim at nucsrl.UUCP
Thu Jan 22 06:27:38 AEST 1987

There was an article posted here (or in comp.unix.wizards) that
described how you could bring up 4.3bsd on a uvaxII (running
ultrix) GIVEN that you have access to a 780 running 4.3bsd and
some way to move stuff between the two (either an ethernet or
a tape drive).

I saved that article but it got obliterated by a disk crash during
the holidays (yeah, no backups..).

Can some kind soul please email me that article (it was by somebody
at Purdue) or tell me how I can bring up 4.3bsd on a uvaxII running
ultrix 1.2 given that I have a 780 running 4.3bsd ?

Thank you, in advance (as they say).

	       Naim Abdullah
	       Dept of EECS
	       Northwestern University