Primix

Harry Edmon harry at uw-atm.UUCP
Fri Jan 16 08:59:41 AEST 1987

In article <2296 at brl-adm.ARPA>, PAAAAA7%CALSTATE.BITNET at WISCVM.WISC.EDU writes:
> Are there any brave, nay, foolish, souls running Prime's version
> of Unix? I would like to discuss the humor of this with any
> party interested.
> Rich
> <PAAAAA7 at CALSTATE>

Yea, verily.  We have been running Primix since February 1986 and are currently
running rev 1.3.1.  Hopefully, rev 2.0 will be better.  I find it very difficult
to port software from other Unix machines to Primix (although I have got news 2.11
and elm running).  The C compiler is slow in Primix, but significantly faster
(over twice as fast) in the native OS (Primos).  There are numerous bugs in the
system and the Primix monitor does bomb out from time to time (hopefully, this will
be fixed at rev 2.0 when the monitor becomes part of the Primos kernel rather
than a seperate process).

I just wish that I could hook up my Prime to Ethernet and run TCP/IP!!!!!!
--
     Harry Edmon                         UUCP:   uw-beaver!geops!uw-atm!harry
     (206) 543-0547                      BITNET: 24440 at UWACDC