Book Recommendation

Barry Shein bzs at bu-cs.BU.EDU
Fri Jan 16 07:32:57 AEST 1987

People often ask for book recommendations on UNIX. A most
remarkable book just landed in my mailbox:

Douglas Comer, Operating System Design, Volume II, Internetworking with XINU,
Prentice-Hall ISBN 0-13-637414-X 025

This is the followup book to his Xinu Operating System book and extends
his operating system to Arpa InterNetworking functionality. It steps
through hardware and layer by layer software implementation of the
protocols including namespace issues, routing, ARP, RARP, ICMP, a
stateless file server, telnet, mail...need I go on? The whole thing
in one textbook.

Wanna be a networking guru? Pick one up, I am impressed as hell.

	-Barry Shein, Boston University

Disclaimer: would I lie to you?