DMC/DMR11 synch. controller on VAX 11/780-5

shan at mcf.UUCP shan at mcf.UUCP
Wed Jan 28 14:51:22 AEST 1987

In article <288 at mtxinu.UUCP> kridle at mtxinu.UUCP (Bob kridle) writes:
>In article <2771 at ihlpa.UUCP> ppk at ihlpa.UUCP (Kells) writes:
>>
>>	I am looking for a good method to test DMC/DMR11
>>synchronous controllers on a DEC VAX 11/780-5. The diagnostics
>>supplied by DEC seldom indicate impaired performance unless
>>a board is in major trouble. This can be very frustrating!!
>>The VAX is running UNIX system V.2. ANY information --
>>sincerely appreciated.
>>
> Several years ago, I installed
>a DEC DMC11 and discovered it would pass the external loopback test
>without having the loopback installed!

We have a VAX-11/750 and suffer from the same
problems! The DEC diagnostics for DEUNA showed it had passed
all it tests even though we did NOT have the loopback installed!
			sharan kalwani
			...!ihnp4!mb2c!mcf!shan
--

		       fff	Sharan Kalwani