DMC/DMR11 synch. controller on VAX 11/780-5

kridle at mtxinu.UUCP kridle at mtxinu.UUCP
Tue Jan 27 10:15:18 AEST 1987

In article <2771 at ihlpa.UUCP> ppk at ihlpa.UUCP (Kells) writes:

>	I am looking for a good method to test DMC/DMR11
>synchronous controllers on a DEC VAX 11/780-5. The diagnostics
>supplied by DEC seldom indicate impaired performance unless
>a board is in major trouble. This can be very frustrating!!
>The VAX is running UNIX system V.2. ANY information --
>pointers to existing programs, ideas, comments, etc. are
>sincerely appreciated.
>
>		Phil Kells
>		AT&T Bell Laboratories
>		Naperville IL

I don't have an answer to you question, but would like to reinforce your
statement about the DEC diags. above. Several years ago, I installed
a DEC DMC11 and discovered it would pass the external loopback test
without having the loopback installed!

--

Bob Kridle                 mt Xinu, 2560 Ninth St., Berkeley, CA  94710  USA
ucbvax!mtxinu!kridle       +1 415 644 0146