Unix for a PC Compatible

jjc at sdiris1.UUCP jjc at sdiris1.UUCP
Sat Jan 17 12:47:37 AEST 1987

I am thinking of purchasing a "unix" operating system for my
PC-compatible at home.  I received some information from a company
named Wendin (located in Cheney, Washington).  They sell a product
"pcnx", which supplies the user with a unix environment, as well
as multiuser(up to 3 ttys),multitasking(including cron), etc.
Wendin claims that :

	" ... You can even port most UNIX source programs to run on
	your personal computers directly! ... "

1 ) Has anybody heard of Wendin and/or "pcnx" ??

2 ) Does anyone have a better suggestion to a low cost unix
	 operating system for a pc-compatible ??

(pcnx costs $99.00, and the source code is included for Microsoft C,V3.0)

Thanks in Advance
-- Jim Carter
-- (...!sdcsvax!jack!man!sdiris1!jjc)
-- Control Data Corporation (CIM),
-- 4455 Eastgate Mall, San Diego, CA  92121