sVr2.2: what is /usr/lib/cron/queuedefs?

Robert N. Berlinger naftoli at aecom.UUCP
Fri Jan 16 04:46:45 AEST 1987

In article <131 at tdi2.UUCP>, brandon at tdi2.UUCP (Brandon Allbery) writes:
> Which reminds me:  the file /usr/lib/cron/queuedefs has consistently confused
> me.  Is it, as it appears, a way of specifying "flags" for multiple "at"
> queues?
>
> a.4j1n		<- apparently the definition for the "at" queue
> b.2j2n90w	<- and for the "batch" (really, "at -b") queue
>
> If I don't need a sVr2 source license to get the answers, I'd like to know:
>
> (1) Are the lines in queuedefs actually the flags for the "a" and "b" queues?
> (2) If (1), what do the flags mean, and what other flags are there?
> (3) Can I create my own queues, using the flags from (2)?  How do I specify
>     an arbitrary queue to "at"?

There can be up to 26 queues.  Each line of the queuedefs file must
have the following format:

q.NNjNNnNNw

where

q	is a letter a-z indicating the job queue

NNj	is the limit on jobs that can be running at one for the
	job queue (concurrency, NN is an integer defaulting to 100).

NNn	is the nice(1) value that is assigned each command executed for
	the job queue (default is 2)

NNw	is the time (in seconds) to wait before retrying to execute
	a command if all the criteria for running the command are not
	met (default 60).

Empty fields are initialized to default values.

Info gotten from UNIX System V System Release Description 2.0 #307-006

Hope this helps.
--
Robert N. Berlinger
Systems Analyst, Scientific Computing Center		Compuserve: 73047,741