sVr2.2: what is /usr/lib/cron/queuedefs?

Brandon Allbery brandon at tdi2.UUCP
Mon Jan 12 12:33:05 AEST 1987

Quoted from <210 at bigtex.uucp> ["Re: ulimit considered braindamaged ?"], by james at bigtex.uucp (James Van Artsdalen)...
+---------------
| "at" or "batch" jobs (or you could modify /usr/lib/cron/.proto I suppose).
+---------------

Which reminds me:  the file /usr/lib/cron/queuedefs has consistently confused
me.  Is it, as it appears, a way of specifying "flags" for multiple "at"
queues?

a.4j1n		<- apparently the definition for the "at" queue
b.2j2n90w	<- and for the "batch" (really, "at -b") queue

If I don't need a sVr2 source license to get the answers, I'd like to know:

(1) Are the lines in queuedefs actually the flags for the "a" and "b" queues?
(2) If (1), what do the flags mean, and what other flags are there?
(3) Can I create my own queues, using the flags from (2)?  How do I specify
    an arbitrary queue to "at"?

Needless to say, I have neither source nor a license thereto.  If answering
my questions would violate a license agreement, please let me know.  (If I
have managed to violate a license aggreement with this posting, that goes
double!  The only license aggreement I've seen is that from Plexus, which
REFERS to the AT&T license that is not provided with Plexus's SysV.)

Thanks in advance,

++Brandon
--
``for is he not of the Children of Luthien?  Never shall that line fail, though
the years may lengthen beyond count.''  --J. R. R. Tolkien

Brandon S. Allbery	           UUCP: cbatt!cwruecmp!ncoast!tdi2!brandon
Tridelta Industries, Inc.         CSNET: ncoast!allbery at Case
7350 Corporate Blvd.	       INTERNET: ncoast!allbery%Case.CSNET at relay.CS.NET
Mentor, Ohio 44060		  PHONE: +1 216 255 1080 (home) +1 216 974 9210