Braindamage. Was ulimit

the wharf rat marco at andromeda.UUCP
Sun Jan 11 09:11:11 AEST 1987

In article <752 at imagen.UUCP>, SofPasuk at imagen.UUCP (Munach Rvi'i) writes:
> require that the system be brought "down" and that a new kernel be relinked is
> absurd - If there are to be user-oriented "limits" as part of the system, the
> default and/or system-wide maximum should be dynamically setable by the

	Yeah, if one of my users wants to run 100 procs at once and
eat up all the resources, or make 100 meg files and eat up all the
disc space, I actually have to re-make the kernel.  :-)
	I think the idea is to figure out what you want the system
and the users to be able to do, then set up accordingly.  Dynamicly
setable options are for people who can't think ahead.

                                    how do you spell "dynamically", anyway?,

                                                         W.rat