uucp {bugs,features}

pnessutt at nis.UUCP pnessutt at nis.UUCP
Mon Jan 26 23:41:12 AEST 1987

In article <5560 at brl-smoke.ARPA> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:
>In article <1440 at pyramid.UUCP> csg at pyramid.UUCP (Carl S. Gutekunst) writes:
>>Note forwarding won't work at all unless all machines on the chain are running
>>the same flavor of UUCP. SVR2, Berkeley, and HoneyDanBer each use different
>>and incompatible techniques.
>
>Forgive me for sounding ignorant, but I was under the impression
>that AT&T's "Basic Networking Utilities" (SVR2 UUCP) was HoneyDanBer.
>Could someone who knows for sure clarify this?

The "Basic Networking Utilities" that was distributed with our AT&T
3B2-400 was HoneyDanber UUCP.  Other 3B sites that I spoke with
confirmed that their versions of UUCP were also HDBUUCP.  The UUCP that
we received with our new NCR Tower machines is not HDBUUCP though.

I hope this can be of some help...

--
 Robert A. Monio                              UUCP: ihnp4!meccts!nis!pnessutt
 Systems/Analyst - Technical Services         ATT: (612) 894-9494