uucp {bugs,features}

guy at gorodish.UUCP guy at gorodish.UUCP
Tue Jan 27 06:39:45 AEST 1987

>Forgive me for sounding ignorant, but I was under the impression
>that AT&T's "Basic Networking Utilities" (SVR2 UUCP) was HoneyDanBer.
>Could someone who knows for sure clarify this?

BNU UUCP is Honey DanBer; however, BNU UUCP is not (VAX) SVR2
("Version 1") UUCP.  (VAX) SVR2 ("Version 1") comes with a UUCP that
predates HoneyDanBer.  (Who knows *what* 3B<fill-in-the-blank> SVR2
does?  Previous postings have indicated that assuming that because
something is true of VAX SVR2 that it will be true of 3B SVR2, or
vice versa, is dangerous.)